In the current digital environment, emails can sometimes be overlooked in favour of social media like Facebook and Twitter, and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp. Despite this, emails are still heavily relied upon in workplaces, communicating information to employees, customers and other businesses.
If you don’t have a clue about how to set up an email account, Digital Families are on hand to help. We’ve produced a primer with easy step-by-step instructions to creating your own gmail account. Then you’ll be able to:
- Communicate with friends and family – especially helpful if you or they are not on social media!
- Stay up-to-date on your favourite services and products via newsletters from businesses
- Send feedback or complaints to customer services – much more efficient than waiting for a letter!
- Sign up for online subscriptions and accounts – nearly every website that works on a membership basis requires your email, usually to verify you’re a real person and that the email is yours.
- Receive receipts of any purchases you make while online shopping, whether that’s clothes, household items or holidays.
Take a read of our primer on how to set up an email account below!
Download a PDF version of our primer on how to set up an email account